Monday, April 30, 2012

The Stars Shine Bright ...

We'll be deep in the heart of Texas for the 2012 CTMH Convention. I can hardly wait to go! Some of the fun of going to Convention is participating in the contests. One challenge is to make a scrapbook page featuring the Convention postcard sent to all consultants. Three winners will be selected, and I'm hoping to be one of them! My page will be the title page for my Convention album. The postcard is in the bottom right corner. I tried to incorporate stars throughout the page. I placed Dimensional Elements stars under the cardstock and sanded to reveal the white core of the cardstock. I also used the Bronze Glitz Glitter Gel on several stars. The letters in the title are Dimensional Elements that coordinate with the alphabet on Art Philosophy. I offset the Chocolate letters to mimic the font on the postcard. This was so fun to make! I can hardly wait to make more pages to go with it!


Here is the 6x6 flip flap opened to reveal the backside of the postcard. I copied the postcard and cut out around the white border to make a template. I used the template to make a cutout on the 6x6 piece of Kraft cardstock. I wanted to be able to see the back of the card. I then stitched around the shape using hemp. The little pocket on the left will hold my name badge after Convention. As a placeholder, I used my name badge from the Regional Celebration. I left a space for a picture of me at registration.



The tip of the star holds closed the flip flap:


All I can say is - Yee-haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!