Monday, April 16, 2012

Dotty for You Blog Hop


We're going Dotty with a fun blog hop! Join me to see fun, creative projects made using the Dotty for You papers. The hop is a circular hop, so you can start anywhere. If you arrived here from Judy Faye Garner's blog, you're on the right path! The link to the next blog will be at the end of my post. Enjoy!

The Dotty for You paper packet has 12 different patterns (2 sheets of each pattern), PLUS the reverse side is dotted paper in different colors! Fun! I used the dotted side to make this little quartet of cards. I cut the cards using Art Philosophy and kraft cardstock. (Card - , cut at 4"; front: Layer - , cut at 3.5") Super easy!


To make things even more fun, I also made matching envelopes (Font layer - Shift - , cut at 4.25" for the envelope and 4" for the liner).


To make the cards, you will use the following items:
Papers: Dotty for You, Kraft and Colonial White cardstock

Now hop on over to Michelle Loncar's blog to see her cute project!  If you get stopped along the way, click here for a complete list of hoppers.

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous set of cards! So many little details really pull it all together. Is that the Spray Pen with Grey Wool behind the sentiments? And matching envelopes - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I love fast and simple like these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards Lori, I love that you've created matching envelopes with liners...what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea. I really like the coordinating envelopes. Cricut makes it so easy. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Another great reason to break out this new stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card set! I'm partial to rainbows and dots, so they are really right up my alley!
    I was just wondering for the envelope liner if you just cut another envelope at the smaller size? (I know that some Cricut cartridges come with an envelope liner layer - that's why I was wondering what you did...) Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It had never occurred to me that we could make liners! Sweet cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these!! And envies too? WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the kind comments! To answer a couple of the questions asked -

    The background is a stamp from Diverse Backgrounds. But the spray pen would be a great idea, too!

    To make the envelope liner, I cut an envelope 1/4" smaller and just trimmed off the bottom part. I'm not sure that Art Philosophy has a liner option - if it does, I haven't found it yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are so adorable and I love the way the inside of the envelopes match!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous idea - love these cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!